Old 10-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Rubyrednails2

I enjoy going into a quilt shop and seeing the finished project on the wall of classes they are offering. Sometimes they even have kits available if you want to use the same colors.

I like being able to have someone help me pick out colors for a quilt. They seem to have an eye for it and you won't get help like this from say, Joanne's. etc.

The block of the month classes are fun and it motivates you to sew.

If I need help with a project, I can get answers to how to sew it, fix a problem, etc.

My LQS has sewing sewing on Friday nights once a month from 6:00-10:00 and you bring a snack to share, and sew in a group setting. There is someone there to help you get that UFO finished that has been sitting forever on the shelf at home. It is fun and gets you motivated.

I prefer a friendly staff that lets you browse at your leisure but not follows you around like you are stealing. They are willing to help you when asked and not looked like an imposition I have seen at other shops.

I think speaking in a foreign language to each other when they can speak perfect English is rude. I don't think I would be shopping at that store. JMHO