Old 10-14-2009, 01:29 PM
nursie76

Originally Posted by fish92241
I made the same quilt for my son, who is a sound engineer in LA. He has a "theater" room decorated with the posters of all the films and TV shows he has mixed. I hope to have it quilted for Xmas. I have no idea how to quilt the middle panel (which I made all white). I have a Bernina with a stitch regulater and am thinking of outlining some of the figures in the panel. What do you think? I'm really intimidated about starting to quilt. I will post pictures when I'm done.
Oh fish! I am so glad to hear you say that! Me too!!!!!!!!!! I am going to add another border, black about 4 inches and maybe applique some stars on it 'cause my hubby is tall. I too have a Bernina with a stitch regulator and have been contemplating doing that same as you, outlining some of the more prominent figures. but I haven't really done much with it but they say you can get the hang of it in about 2 hours. I definitely plan on this for a Christmas present, but have also been very intimidated about the quilting part. I guess done is better than perfect, so when I get back from New Zealand, it will be my top priority....gonna get it done one way or the other! :wink:

We will have to swap experience and tips and encourage each other.

You son's room sounds really cool! I bet he'll flip over his quilt!