View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:52 PM
cbpirate

I too, have a prius, in fact this is my second one. I have had it just over a year and am at the 44mpg mark. most of my driving is close around and up and down hills. I do take some longer trips over hills too. you do have to be careful how you drive to get the good mileage, but I sometimes take the trips just to keep the overall mileage up. I have a screen to watch the mpg and find myself trying to make the highest possible. I did make a trip from the oregon coast to central oregon ( across the cascades) and back on only one tank of gas. Of course, coming back down the mountains on the return trip did not hurt the mileage at all. I also find it very easy to drive and love it. I recommend them to people all the time, and often have been stopped to talk to people who cannot believe that it is running when they cannot hear an engine running.... I find I do have to be careful around walkers as they cannot always hear me coming.... not something you would expect..... I do love it and recommend everyone to try one, short, tall, skinny, fat, anything but blind....