View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 04:21 AM
azwendyg

I have one about the same age as yours, but have it set up in a built-in table in my sewing studio so it sits just like a regular sewing machine. Because of that the display panel more convenient. I think the orientation in the table like yours is a fairly recent development and has become a "feature" of the new Sweet Sixteen model. That's probably why the moved the control panel. The second pic in this thread shows mine with a quilt in it (that I just finished). http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t204184.html That quilt is a kingsize and very bulky and I didn't have much problem maneuvering it through; just had to take my time and keep rearranging all the bulk frequently.

When I got to try out a new Sweet Sixteen at a quilt show recently, I found that although it did have more bells and whistles like you said, it stitched exactly like mine. I was very happy see I wasn't really missing out on anything I wanted by buying an older model (and saving lots of $$$) like you did! That just means we have a whole lot bigger fabric budget!