Old 10-15-2009, 07:22 AM
OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
I have only ever ordered from them once, but they obviously have AWESOME customer service, which will send me back faster than low prices! I have always believed that you get what you pay for. I would rather pay a little bit more for fabric to have great customer service than to get a "deal" and have to deal with snotty less than helpfull people if a problem arises!
I agree. That's the first reason I LOVE to shop there. Also, they have only twice made mistakes when filling my orders. The first time, I ordered 1/2 yd. of a great fabric to use in something special, and they sent me 3 yards of it, only charging me for the 1/2 yard I had ordered. As it appeared to be from teh end of the bolt, I called and offered to pay for the extra material ... didn't want to get it without paying for it; I felt it was like really stealing it as I had purchased at a really great price in the first place. I was told to just keep it, no additional payment was necessary. :shock: Wow!

The second time was just recently when another fabric appeared in my order that I had not ordered in place of one I had. I sent them an e-mail explaining that I had received something I did not order, but a piece I had wanted (same length) was left out. They checked and my lovely paisley had been completely sold out :cry: but they told me to keep the piece I had received by mistake AND they were crediting my account for the cost of the paisley I lost.

And one third example of how great they are: when oldest daughter was getting married, I wanted to have my outfit made so it fit well. I went to their website and called their 1-800 number while I had the site up. The woman on the telephone was terrific in explaining the qualities of a fabric I was looking at. I loved her assistance so much so that I bought 10 yeard of the stuff. And when it arrived, it was just as she said: butter soft, very flow-y with a lovely drape to it.

Yes, fabric.com is a great place to shop! But make sure (if you are on their e-mail list) to shop early in the day (if you are taking advantage of their great one-day sale prices) because they WILL sell out quickly!

Happy fabric shopping!