Thread: A Day of Worry
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Daylesewblessed

Default A Day of Worry

I entered my "Lucky Stars" quilt in the High Plains Quilt Festival held in Portales, NM, in hopes of getting a valuable critique. (See my original post when the quilt was finished awhile back: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...d-t194849.html).

The show arranged pick-up and delivery of quilts from various guilds and quilting groups in our region. When my friend from our guild who was our liaison received the quilts for our guild, she checked them off against her records and discovered mine was missing. Quickly I received a call from one of the organizers of the show apologizing and telling me that they were in the process of connecting with all of the delivery locations to see if my quilt could be found.

I wasn't too worried, because I trust the show organizers and I also know the character of the people in west Texas and eastern NM -- if the quilt had gotten into someone else's hands, it would find its way back to me. The call I received a few days later came from the show organizer again -- they had located the quilt in Dimmit, TX, where it had been put in with that group's quilts. That evening a call came from the lady in Dimmit saying she would get it to me the next time she was in Lubbock.

What a relief! I am so happy to know that it is safe. I am told that it has received a "Merchant's Award", so I am anxious to see what that is all about. That show is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, and the merchants in town generously support it.

All's well that ends well!

Dayle