View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Weezy Rider

It seems to be the way everything is designed. Looks and the designer's ego take precedence to increase sales. Common sense flies out the door. I've had a Pfaff for years, My Pfaffs have the embroidery unit in the back, and you can sew while it is on. That also means the embroidery arm is centered. There isn't enough light. I need the light under harp of the machine for embroidery as well as sewing and quilting. The CV did put in the lights - but the machine is too big and I like vertical bobbins so I won't buy it.

Now quilting is popular. So machines et al. are getting bigger, and the accessories need more space. Good for those who sell, but a lot of us can't do the latest and greatest for many reasons. I just feel that either the mfg. of the machines or someone in the aftermarket business should have some pity or realize that they could do a very good business supplying to those who are making do.

Yes, the machines are tried out and designed - but under optimum conditions and how many of us have that? I don't think I have ever seen a survey asking how we use our machines or what we would like or could use. Have you?

BTW - those small lights I bought are available small enough for an old Featherweight.