Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have a stupid question >

I have a stupid question

I have a stupid question

Old 02-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Like Rose_P, I use a swing arm lamp. It mounts on the Hinterberg floor frame (predrilled hole) above and behind my right shoulder. It shines perfectly on my sewing area and, when swung around, on my ironing board or cutting area...plus the quilting frame of course. Cost me less than $14 for a lot of light and versatility.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 AM

Oh thank heavens, I'm not the only one with this problem!!
I have a ceiling light with five bulbs, but since it's a fan type attachment, it can only use 40 watt bulbs. An Ott light on the left and another on the right between my sewing machine and the serger. I can't complain about room. My hubby and son designed a sewing cabinet to fit my needs. They call it my sewing control center, I just love it. Lots of room on the right and left of both machines. I have an ironing pad on the left of my Viking and a medium cutting mat on the right next to my serger. It's a "U" shape. I have three drawers to the right and storage shelfes in the dead space underneath and shelfs on the front for patterns and books.
But I want more LIGHT!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by Sally J View Post
To Weezy Rider.. My bendy part of the light lost its bend also so I put a rubber band around it the in the curve I wanted and works great. Just an idea
OMG! What a brilliant idea! I took my bendable light off because it just started hanging! I will try the rubber band. I almost bought another one, but they cost so darn much. I have lots of standing lights and some pointing straight at my needle, but I miss my bendable.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

I was given this floor lamp many years ago. It was originaly used by a woman who did cross stitch. I also used it that way. Then when I started quilting It moved to its' current home next to my machine. The lamp has to be close to fifty years old. It has a magnifier which is great for unsewing! When PPing it is wonderful to see throught the paper for alinging fabric. If only cabinet makers would catch on to this idea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393548[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails caroler-display-spiderweb-quilt-12-2012-005.jpg  

Last edited by ube quilting; 02-06-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:53 PM

I gave up on the bendy light as I have 2 Pfaff 2170s. I alternate the machines and changing the light from one to the other is a pain. You also have to take everything off to get a machine serviced. I don't do well with sticky stuff. It never seems to stick where you want it, only where you don't.