View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:07 AM
romanojg

I live in Norfolk Va and I came into work this morning it was barely sprinkling and that was the way it was all night. It's now 9am and since then the wind and rain has picked up. My boss just called and said that since I have to work tomorrow that I have to stay the night here and the night person who normally comes in at 7 has to come in around 1pm. That's when they are expecting for the storm to pick up here. I work in the IT department at a hospital and we have to 24/7 coverage in our section. The rest of IS only has to have thier on-call person spend the night in case they are needed on site. Normally they can remote in and do it all from home but just in case they are needed they have to stay here. I brought my blankets with me and plan on sleeping in my car rather than a room setup with lots of cots and people coming in and out. I'm a light sleeper and will wake at anything. Plus I have a bad back and it'll act up in the cot or the car but in the car I can turn on the heated seats and have an instant heating pad. Car sounds so much better. Now I just have to run home this morning to pick up a few movies to watch in the car or on my laptop. I hope I can get my kids to stay at my house so that my dogs aren't home alone. I wish everyone else in the path good luck and stay safe. It's so not worth taking chances with the weather.