Thread: Help, please!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 08:25 AM
NanaCsews2

If this were my concern, I would have the smaller room as a sewing quilting room, and the larger room as a guest room and scrapbooking area. Vice versa if your scrapbooking takes more space and time. Purge what you don't want or need anymore. Spend more quality time and space on what you do love to do. In your case it just may be both are equal. Could you put a wall unit up that has doors on it to enclose the scrapbooking items? One with a fold down desk/table area as a work space? Have a fold up table stored in a closet or under the bed. Would a closet be useful for shelving to put your scrapbooking items? I think it is important for guests to have their own bathroom. More comfortable for them and no one is intruding on anyone's personal space. That way, the other room (it is only 3 ft difference, which is a lot per se but the bathroom is a factor here) is dedicated solely to sewing and quilting. Door can be shut when guests arrive-you don't need to move anything that you are working on.
I took 2 extra bedrooms when all kids were out of the house, and made them into sewing rooms. One with fabric, cabinets, sewing machines, etc., and the other as a cutting and ironing room with storage in closet for batting etc. My other extra bedroom is an office and toy room for the grandkids. We don't usually have guests except the grandkids. So I don't feel guilty not having a place for anyone to stay. Our families and friends prefer a hotel room because they are free to come and go and visit as they wish.