Thread: Hurricane Sandy
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Bamagal

Please , Please, take this storm seriously!! This is not going to be a two day event. This could be a week or more depending where you are. I'm listening to the weather channel too. They are giving you good information and when they say they have never seen this before they are giving you a very strong warning. When people on the weather channel start giving warnings like that you pay attention. If this storm was hitting Alabama, and I'm 250 miles from the coast, I would be preparing for power to be out for at least a week or more. My family who lives on the coast would be preparing for horrible conditions for at least a month. During some of the Big Storms, Katrina as an example, they were without "life as we know it " for over a month and they were 3 hours away from where the storm went ashore. They were on the Northeast side, sort of like New York is supposed to be. I would hate to add winter conditions on top of that. I'm concerned for people who live in high rise apartments. They higher up you are the worse the wind is. Think about moving to a lower level. I dont know which is harder. Being in it, or watching people who are in it not paying attention. We are getting those tv reports too!

All of you please think safe and stay safe. Please follow advice you are getting. My prayers are for you and your families. I hope it is NOT as bad as they say it will be.