View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 10:17 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I haven't tried to chain. Here are some pics. I got the little drawer thing with my machine. Here are the contents.
I would Love to have one of those little drawers! They look just so darn handy.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
oops sorta clumsy here...

up close

I do not know what the round thing is. It is the same size diameter as the bobbin but a little taller. The throat plate is just like a T&S for chain. I have a surplus of those if anybody needs them.
It looks almost like an insert that might take the place of the changed bobbin case? There isn't a part number on it is there? I'd love to know if your machine can chain with the parts it has. I will try to chain with the regular bobbin case tomorrow. Tonight, I'm really sore from leaning over a short table to cut quilt squares at sewing circle. I sure appreciate my taller table now!

The scooping on the back of the needle plate is a little different than the T&S plates, and again, the part number is different. I think I tried the T&S plate in there, because I was curious, and it wasn't a good fit,.. but it's hazy, so I might have just thought about it. Might have run into the BCase. Might not be a problem though for a "regular" BCase...

I find it really interesting though that these 2 machines have such different pieces for the same model.

BTW, I asked the supplier I get my new Singer parts from. They said that the leg cushion for a FW (45780) will work in place of the original "pads", if you convince them a little. I will give it a try when my fresh ones arrive.