View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:59 AM
nhnative

Originally Posted by donnajean View Post
I made it thru the hurricane & count myself blssed that I don't have any major damage. It will take many days to clean up the debris & I have a few shingles to get back on my roof. The worst came late at nite Monday. The wind was so bad that the leaves were torn into tiny pieces & plastered all over the ouside of the house. windows, & cars. It looked like everyting was in camaflage & you could not even see any asphalt in the street because of the tree limbs & leaves. I had no electric for 24 hrs., but many still don't have it back yet. I did not think to make coffee before the electric went off as I could have at least had cold coffee yesterday a.m. As I surveyed neighbors property who all had damage, the priority was "where can we get coffee". My sticking water bottles in the freezer worked & I did not lose any food. I still don't have cable & am trying to catch some of the news by watching local news on my computer.
Glad that you made it through the storm ok. I didn't lose power but on Tuesday I saw that 5,000 in my city did. I know that there is flooding in the National Park and I didn't even go out yesterday. It seems like it's finally stopped raining. The people along Lake Erie got hit hard. It's beautiful up there but not a place I'd want to live.