Hurricane Sandy anyone?

Old 10-31-2012, 02:50 AM

I made it thru the hurricane & count myself blssed that I don't have any major damage. It will take many days to clean up the debris & I have a few shingles to get back on my roof. The worst came late at nite Monday. The wind was so bad that the leaves were torn into tiny pieces & plastered all over the ouside of the house. windows, & cars. It looked like everyting was in camaflage & you could not even see any asphalt in the street because of the tree limbs & leaves. I had no electric for 24 hrs., but many still don't have it back yet. I did not think to make coffee before the electric went off as I could have at least had cold coffee yesterday a.m. As I surveyed neighbors property who all had damage, the priority was "where can we get coffee". My sticking water bottles in the freezer worked & I did not lose any food. I still don't have cable & am trying to catch some of the news by watching local news on my computer.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

Glad to hear. We have gone through it enough times down here to understand the stress and mess.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:43 AM

So quiet on this thread after the storm hit.. Praying all of you in the NE are doing ok and will check in to let us know if you need anything from your KP friends.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I hope your friends are near hospital services. I heard the atmospheric pressures can trigger labor.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...go-into-labor/
They're not near hospitals, but they are 20 minutes from their midwife. We haven't heard anything yet. They were hit pretty hard and lost power. During Irene they flooded, lost power and had extensive property damage. I'm praying that they came through it ok.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:46 AM

Does anyone know if Jennalyn made it through okay?
Old 10-31-2012, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean View Post
I made it thru the hurricane & count myself blssed that I don't have any major damage. It will take many days to clean up the debris & I have a few shingles to get back on my roof. The worst came late at nite Monday. The wind was so bad that the leaves were torn into tiny pieces & plastered all over the ouside of the house. windows, & cars. It looked like everyting was in camaflage & you could not even see any asphalt in the street because of the tree limbs & leaves. I had no electric for 24 hrs., but many still don't have it back yet. I did not think to make coffee before the electric went off as I could have at least had cold coffee yesterday a.m. As I surveyed neighbors property who all had damage, the priority was "where can we get coffee". My sticking water bottles in the freezer worked & I did not lose any food. I still don't have cable & am trying to catch some of the news by watching local news on my computer.
Glad that you made it through the storm ok. I didn't lose power but on Tuesday I saw that 5,000 in my city did. I know that there is flooding in the National Park and I didn't even go out yesterday. It seems like it's finally stopped raining. The people along Lake Erie got hit hard. It's beautiful up there but not a place I'd want to live.