Hurricane Sandy anyone?

Old 10-28-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by greenbranch View Post
Please do as the forcasters say.
I live on the coast of Alabama. About 3 miles from Mobile Bay on the East side.
The storm surge filling up the city street will probably do more damage than the wind. But if you are going to have snow on top of that, you could be without power for weeks. If you are on an island, your method of transportation could be cut off for longer so if they say evacuate, you should.
We are usually well prepared for hurricanes down here, but it is something you guys don't experience very often.
We have been very lucky. Since we built out house in 1977, we have only had minor damages to our home. As I say, we have been very fortunate. It is the tornadoes in the hurricane wall that causes all of the damage. And you just never know where they are. That cannot be predicted.
Stay safe and you all are in our thoughts and prayers.
Greenbranch
Amen! Well said!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:25 PM

Remember. OnStar is a satellite service. Buy minutes on your phone in the car. It will work if you can crank the car
Old 10-28-2012, 06:29 PM

My family laughed when I said I was going for emergency supplies- to Michaels, 2 blocks away. They were out of Heat & Bond Lite, oh no. Stay safe everyone!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:12 PM

Oh My. Hope you have gone to higher ground, just in case. I would not like to be on an Island
during this. We have been lucky and have had cloudy skies and some breezes , but no rain yet and we sure need the rain.
We had the wind in 1996 with Fran and the flood with Floyd in 1998. We are in NC. about 100 miles from the coast.
Wishing you good luck and be safe.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:17 PM

I'm in Upstate NY, just off the coast of Lake Ontario. My siblings in VT were saying that they've closed all the schools in Rutland because they're anticipating damage. During Irene they had so much flooding and damage that this coming storm has many worried. Other friends, down in southwest NY have filled their generators and water bottles and are expecting a baby due anyday now. They're hoping she stays put until after the storm. We're not sure what to expect this far north, but I'm putting my faith in God and leaving it in His hands.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:18 PM

Prepare and say your Prayers and that's all you could do. Have faith and don't worry.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

Be safe...my thoughts and prayers are with everyone....
Old 10-29-2012, 09:32 AM

If they tell you to evacuate, please do so. Do not go out in it and I hope you are prepared w/ water, batteries and flashlights. Stay safe.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ps 150 View Post
I'm in Upstate NY, just off the coast of Lake Ontario. My siblings in VT were saying that they've closed all the schools in Rutland because they're anticipating damage. During Irene they had so much flooding and damage that this coming storm has many worried. Other friends, down in southwest NY have filled their generators and water bottles and are expecting a baby due anyday now. They're hoping she stays put until after the storm. We're not sure what to expect this far north, but I'm putting my faith in God and leaving it in His hands.

I hope your friends are near hospital services. I heard the atmospheric pressures can trigger labor.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...go-into-labor/
Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 AM

Be safe everyone!!