Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Hmm,.. ok,.. I will try the goo gone that I have in the house, then if it doesn't work, I'll put the goof off on the shopping list for the weekend. Gee, the chemical product list in the sewing room is starting to rival the one in the garage....
Well OK, the goo gone is working a little. It's softening the paint, but it doesn't remove it. If I dab a little on, then scrape at it with my fingernails, or in the "deep" spots with a dull needle, it's coming out. I have no idea what that says about the type of paint that it is...

Of course, the mechanical manipulation puts the decals at risk, so I may get some of the goof off after all. I was very careful, and was able to remove the "dot" of paint on the front of the bed with minimal damage to the decal (a tiny bit of the gold came off - smaller than the head of a pin, but it looks no worse, and probably better, than regular wear and tear) and the spot on hand wheel cover is gone, but it looks like the paint lifted the shellac a little - it's a little "bumpy" under where the paint was.

I will definitely post some pics of it tomorrow when I've made some significant progress. Tonight I was fading, and thought it better to step away.

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Tammi,

The last time I tried making a list of my machines I found that I was quite the liar. VBG
I really don't want anyone, including me, to know just how many I really have.

Cathy
Hey Cathy,

So far, it's a running joke. My friends ask: "So how many machines did you buy this week?"
Usually if I can say no more than 2, they figure I'm still alright.

I believe I'm at 18, not counting the 99 that's in the local buy and sell. DH says that one counts, I say it doesn't. That may be a little bit of denial. I'll know for sure tomorrow, because I promised to spend some time updating my blog with the latest finds. Of course, I did hit 22 at one point, but figured I was over my limit because I couldn't even get to them to clean and oil them. I'm caught up now, ready to adopt more.