Old 11-02-2012, 01:14 PM
ArchaicArcane

Ok,.. I think I've done as much damage as I can do here.

The goo gone seems to dry the body out, that's not terribly unexpected. A good oiling was very appreciated.

The spots under the paint look like the shellac was damaged. That could be from the paint bonding to the shellac (what it looks like to me) Or mechanical damage from my removal.

I used the process I talked about yesterday. I soaked the paint for a few seconds in goo gone, then I used the blunt needle to gently "bother" the paint until it came off. In most cases, it came off without incident. There were tiny little bits of the decals removed, but nothing like the wear and tear on the front of the machine.

In places where I wasn't confident that I wouldn't damage the rest of the decals, I did what I could to blur the edges, and lighten the paint a little to make it "blend" better. I did get lucky that the paint wasn't green, or purple or something.

The flash makes the paint show up more than it does without a camera flash. The very last pic is without a flash, just a lot of direct light.

Now, I'm going to strip the should be shiny parts and soak them and make them shiny again.
Attached Thumbnails img_4761.jpg   img_4763.jpg   img_4764.jpg   img_4765.jpg   img_4766.jpg  

img_4768.jpg