View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:40 PM
stillclock

Default today at the library...

i spent about 4 hours waiting for my car to be fixed. i read through the kaleidoscope book and decided i probably won't ever make one of those quilts which made me a bit sad because her snow flakes are truly amazing.

i just can't do that kind of fussy work, and given that the best candidates for those patterns are william morris and friends, often by liberty and the waste must be heinous i think i'll enjoy other people's handwork on those ones. the drafting and precision required tipped to tedious even in the reading though, and that's just not for me.

i glossed a couple of scrap quilt idea books, a handquilting how to or two and finally checked out a book about rennie macintosh and embroidery, the seminal gee's bend quilt book and jinny beyer's first book about handstitching.

it was wonderful. support your libraries by using them. and if you already do, i and my daughter thank you deeply because it's a gift that cannot be taken for granted, having such gorgeous books on shelves, sheltered from rain and cold, welcoming us one and all.

aileen