Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
today at the library... >

today at the library...

today at the library...

Old 11-04-2012, 07:57 PM

Every time I walk into a library I think "so many books-so little time." I also feel that way about LQS - so much fabric - so little time!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 PM

I love living across the street from my community library. But even more than location, I love being able to go into my library's web page and search for books I see on this board. Then I check out the book or request it via our state's library loan system. When I can see what the book offers, I often end up buying the book. I've never had buyer's remorse when I can check it out first. My last purchase was Art + Quilt. I love that book!!! I had gotten it 3 times via inter-library loan and figured, I couldn't master all the wonderful techniques in spurts. Now I can spend 2013 savoring my new book and really learn how to make the quilts I see in my mind's eye.
I suggest folks use their library.
An aside: here in Duluth we were facing budget shortages last year and our library services were cut. Our mayor proposed a dedicated fund for our parks and libraries and it passed overwhelmingly. Immediately our library increased it's services and surprisingly, usage jumped up way beyond all projections. Seems that when folks thought they might lose their library, they started to really use it - me included.
Food for thought!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM

Don't give up on the kaleidoscope quilt. It is not hard to do, but you may need to find a quilting buddy to help you with it.