View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 04:15 AM
totosmom

Like you, I enjoy making a first project with my machines -- well, and other projects too. But for many of them, my first project is a sewing machine cover. Here are three recent ones.

The first one was made just as written. It turned out well, but the Log Cabin took a long time, and I was looking for something simpler. I wasn't crazy about the diagonal quilting on this one.

The second one turned out well too, and I really like the Churn Dash block with it. I just stitched in the ditch and did some channel quilting on the sides for all of them.

But then I started thinking of the few machines that I have with handles. So I made a very large button hole on the third one for the long handle of the Viking 6440. The Square in a Square was easy to quilt too. Both this machine and its cover went to my SIL.

Now it seems that every time I get a new machine, I make a cover for it. Great fun!
Attached Thumbnails sm-cover-log-cabin-medium-small-.jpg   churn-dash-sm-cover2a-small-.jpg   sm-cvr-w_handle-small-.jpg