Old 11-04-2012, 06:40 AM
Debbie C

If all you DON'T have is heat and hot water, you should consider yourself very lucky. My 97 year old aunt and uncle in Broad Channel have lost their home of 65+ years. They had 11 feet of water rush in. Fortunately they evacuated before the storm, but they have NOTHING to return home to. And my cousins in the Rockaways could not get out fast enough with their five children and spent 3 days trapped on the top floor of their house while water swept through their basement and recently renovated main floor. Their store (and means of income) was also washed away. My own husband has been working 16 hour days for National Grid helping to restore power to the Southampton and Bridgehampton areas. They say God makes the back strong enough for the burden. This is quite a burden, more-so for some than others. I'm sorry for your troubles. But try to count your blessings - you have a cold home, but at least you still HAVE a home.
Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
I'm tired of being inconvienced from Sandy. I worked on Mon, and I can't deal with another storm. We still don't have heat, or hot water.. Not coming for another week. They are waiting for a substation to be up, and running.. One of my offices is still without power, and therefore not functioning. NO FUN