Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: OMG another storm headed towards the Northeast !!

BMP
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up OMG another storm headed towards the Northeast !!

I was just watching the WC and there could be a NorEaster headed up the coast this week, we dont need this on top of Sandy !!!

Hope it goes out to sea.
    Peace is one of His greatest gifts.

I saw that tonight on the weather channel. Sure hope it goes out to sea.

Praying it goes out to sea. Praying for all Sandy's victoms.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Blog Entries
    I saw some pictures of the empty subways in New York. Living in the country, we are prepared for not having electricity, but I shudder to think of city folk stuck in apartments without elevators, heat or water.
    every cloud has a silver lining but sometimes it is hard to get to the mint

I am very sorry ,sandy hit your area, an another storm is on the way. Prayers are sent your way. It just reminds me of New Orleans. Hope this storm goes out to sea.Please get away from the coast if you can,

Also heard that but they said it isn't suppose to be as bad. Just stay prepared incase. We are in northern NY. Mountains all around. Have been lucky so far. Sometimes it's the waiting that's worse then the storm. Wishing all peace and safety.

I'm tired of being inconvienced from Sandy. I worked on Mon, and I can't deal with another storm. We still don't have heat, or hot water.. Not coming for another week. They are waiting for a substation to be up, and running.. One of my offices is still without power, and therefore not functioning. NO FUN

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I saw that too this morning. It's still far enough out than it may not develop or it could go out to sea. I hope that's what it does, goes out to sea. Too many people are still suffering from Sandy. Another storm would add insult to injury!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Pray it goes out to sea - we still do not have power, it's freezing cold and the temp is going down in to low 30's tonight
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is
    fighting some kind of battle

Blog Entries
    The new storm was "gently" mentioned here in FL almost before Sandy hit!! Sometimes, it's good not to have so much information!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

we are in west central pa and didn't get it too bad. some in pa did.
    Continued prayers for those affected.
    Take care all
    Darlene

Super Member Damsel in DisDress's Avatar
    Many prayers to all of you on the East Coast, and hope your power is restored real soon.

Blog Entries
    I hope it blows out to see too. My gosh no more storms need to come right now. Prayers go out to all.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

If all you DON'T have is heat and hot water, you should consider yourself very lucky. My 97 year old aunt and uncle in Broad Channel have lost their home of 65+ years. They had 11 feet of water rush in. Fortunately they evacuated before the storm, but they have NOTHING to return home to. And my cousins in the Rockaways could not get out fast enough with their five children and spent 3 days trapped on the top floor of their house while water swept through their basement and recently renovated main floor. Their store (and means of income) was also washed away. My own husband has been working 16 hour days for National Grid helping to restore power to the Southampton and Bridgehampton areas. They say God makes the back strong enough for the burden. This is quite a burden, more-so for some than others. I'm sorry for your troubles. But try to count your blessings - you have a cold home, but at least you still HAVE a home.
    Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    I'm tired of being inconvienced from Sandy. I worked on Mon, and I can't deal with another storm. We still don't have heat, or hot water.. Not coming for another week. They are waiting for a substation to be up, and running.. One of my offices is still without power, and therefore not functioning. NO FUN

Sorry for your family Debbie, it's so hard to recover from devastation, especially when one is up in years. Can bring on a serious 'give up' situation. At least when FL gets hit, we don't have to deal with cold temps. We were out 5 days of power once, nearly croaked from the 95 degree temps and the extremely high humidity from all the rain. Can deal with that more than cold. I hope power gets restored in the needed areas soon/

Blog Entries
    Well, as we all known..when it rains, it pours
    I just want gas to get to doc appt.

Thank you, Needles. I have immediate family in Florida (Orlando and Holiday) and I always worry whenever they're in a storm's path. 'Sandy' left devastation beyond belief. Including my home town of Port Jefferson and where I now live in Mastic Beach. It is what it is....just deal with the aftermath. Lights and power will eventually be restored. Be a good neighbor. I'm fully restored now, but my back-door neighbors have not been so lucky. I've made soups and stews, offered to charge cell phones and have invited them to come in for a shower and an evening in front of television. It is the LEAST I can do. I spent the better part of my Sunday volunteering at the local nutrition center sorting and handing out bags full of non-perishable foods, baby items, dog/cat food....the list goes on. The donations that came through those doors today has more than humbled me. I had an emotionally moving day today - one I will always remember. By the way, today is my uncle's 98th birthday. I just called his cell phone and sang to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Needles View Post
    Sorry for your family Debbie, it's so hard to recover from devastation, especially when one is up in years. Can bring on a serious 'give up' situation. At least when FL gets hit, we don't have to deal with cold temps. We were out 5 days of power once, nearly croaked from the 95 degree temps and the extremely high humidity from all the rain. Can deal with that more than cold. I hope power gets restored in the needed areas soon/

Just what they need! My 76 year old sister in MD. had to be rescued from her home on the mountain after the power went off. She was alone in the dark when a fireman friend came to get her and she was taken care of for 2 nights at the fire hall until my niece came to get her. She had just got out of the hospital the day before.

Blog Entries
    Thoughts and prayers going out to all affected by Sandy. We certainly got lucky here only two days out of power and that was it. I remember the storm this past summer where we were out for five days in the extreme heat. I can only imagine how those further toward the coast feel. Keep your chins up and your faith strong. Hopefully all will be back to normal or as close to it as possible before long.

Blog Entries
    I feel so bad for the folks that have been hit by "Sandy". I know that the NY marathon would of brought in money, but it really made me mad to see those great big generators sitting there for the folks in the marathon and people still without power, I am glad they finally realized it was more important to help out the folks without power. I hope and pray it won't be much longer. I donated what money I could.. I know we are in a bad economy but folks need to dig down and send something, we never know when it will hit us or some of our family.

Please everyone start blowing hard towards the ocean in the hopes of getting this latest storm to play itself out over the ocean. My town wasn't hit badly, we just got power back last night but the town across the highway from us, Union Beach, has been wiped out. It was a small coastal community that began in the 1920 -30's with many little bungelow type houses Sandy hit it with a 15 foot surge backed up by 85 mph winds. My town is assisting that town's volunteer firemen and EMS workers who have been working non stop even after their homes have been swept away. There is only one firehouse left in the town and most of it's fire trucks and equiment are gone. Union Beach is only one of the towns along the Jersey shore that has been destroyed by Sandy. That's why I'm Thanking God that our family and friends have come through Sandy with minor damage to our homes and only the discomfort of no lights and heat - not much compared to what some like Debby's aunt and uncle have lost. May in Jersey
    Last edited by May in Jersey; 11-05-2012 at 09:51 AM.