Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OMG another storm headed towards the Northeast !! >

OMG another storm headed towards the Northeast !!

OMG another storm headed towards the Northeast !!

Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM

I feel so bad for the folks that have been hit by "Sandy". I know that the NY marathon would of brought in money, but it really made me mad to see those great big generators sitting there for the folks in the marathon and people still without power, I am glad they finally realized it was more important to help out the folks without power. I hope and pray it won't be much longer. I donated what money I could.. I know we are in a bad economy but folks need to dig down and send something, we never know when it will hit us or some of our family.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 AM

Please everyone start blowing hard towards the ocean in the hopes of getting this latest storm to play itself out over the ocean. My town wasn't hit badly, we just got power back last night but the town across the highway from us, Union Beach, has been wiped out. It was a small coastal community that began in the 1920 -30's with many little bungelow type houses Sandy hit it with a 15 foot surge backed up by 85 mph winds. My town is assisting that town's volunteer firemen and EMS workers who have been working non stop even after their homes have been swept away. There is only one firehouse left in the town and most of it's fire trucks and equiment are gone. Union Beach is only one of the towns along the Jersey shore that has been destroyed by Sandy. That's why I'm Thanking God that our family and friends have come through Sandy with minor damage to our homes and only the discomfort of no lights and heat - not much compared to what some like Debby's aunt and uncle have lost. May in Jersey

Last edited by May in Jersey; 11-05-2012 at 09:51 AM.