View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 AM
pinkCastleDH

Default ...and still more - what a weekend!

First there was a New Home treadle. Then a Stoewer hand crank:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...e-t204997.html

Sunday we planned to go look at a featherweight at an estate sale. It was long gone. Looking around further I saw a piece of luggage that looked odd. Went to pick it up and my first thought was that there was a sewing machine in there. Yep, a Red Eye - my first with low shank feet? Not in the greatest shape but for $12.50 it still went home with us, even if it only becomes a donor machine.

Later we had planned to go look at (and hopefully pick up) yet another Red Eye, though the machine wasn't the reason we were looking at it - the parlor cabinet was the real draw. Sadly the cabinet wasn't in as nice a shape as we'd been led to believe and Herself wasn't impressed by the color/grain pattern of the wood so we left it sit. On the way home we decided to try the antique store where we'd gotten our first hand crank machine (a Frister & Rossmann.) We looked at several machines there but only one followed us home: Sven the Svelt, little brother of Björn the Husky. Our second vintage Husqvarna, a model 21 with case, stitch wheel, attachments, etc....
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg