Old 11-05-2012, 12:49 PM
ArchaicArcane

Thank you!

I had similar problems about 6 years ago with gizmo, my little old grey lady before she passed. The pills made her so sick and she was a bear to keep eating. She had renal issues, and hyperthyroid. In the end though, it was the undiagnosed stomach cancer that got her.

I'm just terrified of the results I'm going to get in 20 mins. This is similar to what started the whole merry go round ride with gizmo. stormi is 16 1/2 years old, I've had her since she was about 4 weeks old. I'm a little attached to her. When they expressed her A glands this morning I almost passed out when she started screaming.

I've heard that cats don't have a strong "hunger" drive, and can switch it off, and once switched off, it's hard to switch it back on. I will be making some chicken breasts for her tonight, and sprinkling brewer's yeast on it. Yes, it's stacking the deck, but I'm willing to do it. All I could get her to take in on the weekend was tuna juice and the gravy from her favorite food. I prefer chubby kitties, they're always healthier. (CRF and hyperT kitties are never chubby) Told the vet that too. She knows I will let them eat as much they want, as long as they don't get fat.