Old 11-05-2012, 02:51 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by pinkCastleDH View Post
Yep, not a strong hunger drive. Isabella had managed to keep her weight up despite being CRF for 3.5 years until the bladder infection. We've got her eating well again (sub-q's twice daily) but she's just not putting the weight back on.

If we ever have another with a bladder infection the vet's going to try an antibiotic injection in hopes of not trashing their digestion as badly.

That's a really good idea, I didn't realize there were injections for the kitties! Well, stormi's home, that's the good news. The bad news: Stage 3 CRF, beginning HyperT, and we're not sure about the bladder infection, because she decided to let it go on herself. So I'm on "sample watch" for the moment, and pulling out all of my info on CRF and hyperT again. It's been more than 5 years since I had a CRF kitty so a refresher will be in order. At least she seemed to like the food from the Vet, both the wet and the dry. Of course, going most of the weekend without food, I bet she'd eat DH's dirty work sock too now that her bottom isn't as upset. At least nowadays they advocate "High quality protein". 6 years ago, the vet wanted to put Gizmo on a low protein diet, which I wouldn't let him. Cats don't eat salads, they're carnivores.

Once I get the sample, I'll ask the vet for the injection if there is an infection. She's a young vet and she seems to be really open to "other choices". She mentioned a CRF treatment that uses rhubarb as its base, she's getting me information on that.

The thing that I don't quite get though is that the Creatinine is elevated to stage 3, but the rest of the values are normal. It seems like something's not quite right, but I will do my reading.

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Tammi,

I hope your furry baby gets well fast.

I tried to get them to all line up in a row...but you understand that herding machines is at best difficult. These pix are they best I could get.

There are 9 machines pictured here in the living room with 5 more that were camera shy.

Here in my sewing room are 26 machines pictured with about 7 more that were camera shy. Aren't you sorry that you asked for a picture?

Cathy
Thank you, Cathy! The good news about CRF, from what I remember is that they often don't really realize they're sick, so it's about managing it (other than the not hungry thing)

She seems a lot happier now that she's home, I bet it was the stinky glands doing it. She's eating like a horse.

I LOVE the pictures! I always enjoy seeing the way people corral their herds. Is that a book case on its side? The suitcase beside the 403(?),.. that's not one of the "Attachments" boxes that April 1930s sells, is it? What's the machine on the treadle base with the "B"? And the chainstitcher on top of what looks like a singer top but I'm not sure, because the irons don't look Singer? Look at the size of the wheel on the Industrial Singer! Wow!