View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 06:46 AM
calicojoan

Yep we all have the same ole sins it looks like. Rotary cutter blades irritate me so much, that I actually do throw them out when needed. My cutting mats, my husband uses in the garage??? I have no idea why, but he is happy with them. Rulers I throw out after fighting with one for way toooo long! Sewing machine needles I now use as quilt hangers. My quiltin sister taught me that trick. You can hammer them in on the corners and only have a little hole to putty when you move things around. Hand needles I usually manage to break long before they bend??? I'm too lazy to cut thread and just pop it to break it, which takes out the eye of the needle. Do you think I will ever learn? Scissors I get sharped at quilt shows that come thru town from time to time. Irons!!! That makes me so darn mad. I am on my 4th Rowenta steam generator iron. Those blasted things cost a fortune and melt where the cap screws on. I love them so much, but am frustrated to no end with them. So I do put up unfortunately. Although my quilting buddy bought me a Continental iron for Christmas last year that is dynamite. No holes for steam so it's perfect for fusible applique. It heats up fast and has no automatic shutoff on it. I use a 2x4 foot piece of plywood for my ironing board and am pretty good about replacing the cover when it needs it since it's only duct taped on.

It's taken a lot of years to make and break these habits!! hahahahahha