Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 PM
ragquilter

Originally Posted by coffeebreak View Post
I dont' know about that one...but last year I bought their new Quantum Stylist 9960. It's okay, but...it is a constant battle with threading. You have to completely unthread the whole machine and rethread differently just to wind a bobbin. My old SInger 2010 (now 28 years old!) all you did was open the bobbin cage, push the arm over, press the button and pedel to the medal. When it was done, ti stopped, you pushed the arm back over, closed the cage and put your fabric under and started sewing! but with this one...unless you want to constantly be rethreading...I have to thread several bobbins at once so I just drop one in. Not exactly a big deal, but it often leaves me with half filled bobbins. And another thing, the "press to cut" feature, where you press the button and it cuts the threads instead of you doing it...it only leavse about 1/2 inch of thread, so you have to have a "thread head" starter thing ...scrap fabric under pressure foot, and get the thread started in that and then your piece after it. If not, the thread will not catch and it will come unthreaded on the top and because it is totally enclosed, y ou have to literally take the spool of thread and pull the thread all the way out to get to the end and rethread it. In addition to time consuming and annoying, it just doesn't make sense that pulling the thread out backwards..it just sounds like it is messing something up in there and can't be good to pull it backwards...but they say that is fine.
My point...check out the threading features of the machine before you buy.
Thank you, I will look at those features.