View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
QuiltingByCourtney

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
I think what you're referring to as rainbow thread is what I call variegated. There are a number of different color combinations available. If you can't find any at LQS or JoAnn's, etc. www.superiorthreads.com has a great selection.

All the different colors with your meandering would look great on the back. I'm not a very good quilter so I'd use black so my quilting wouldn't be so obvious on the back.

He'll love the quilt because of the memories and because you love him enough to make it for him. My brother even suggested to me that I offer to sell racing T-shirt or photo quilts for fellow racers because he loved his so much.

-I picked up a gray/black variegated thread from Joann's I think it will look really nice...yes sometimes my quilting gets a little crazy so I needed to get something a little more 'blendy' for that back haha, I just got it all rolled up on my quilting frame and I am ready to start meandering next week! yikes, we will see how it goes, I will post another picture of the final product! thanks everyone for the advise and ideas!!