View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 AM
blondeslave

I have been feeding a raw/cooked diet to my 4 hounds for almost 4 years now. The vet always raves about how healthy my hounds are and how great their coats look and feel. I have 2 hounds that are 10 years old, one who was diagnosed as diabetic the beginning of the year, a 6 year old and 5 year old. The 2 younger hounds could lose a couple of pounds but the seniors are perfect weight. I grind a variety of raw vegetables and fruit depending on what is in season and they get this with either raw meat or cooked meat. They love meaty short ribs of any variety of beast and eat the bone and all with the exception of beef bones which are harder. I also cook chicken livers, hearts and gizzards and calf or veal heart along wth eggs for their organ meats and 3 pounds of ground chicken or turkey which I also cook. They also get a can of sardines and either canned salmon or mackeral each week. I also add a spoon of yogurt or cottage cheese to their ground veg. I also sub in whatever left over cooked meat I have from feeding the humans. They also get marrow bones to chew a couple times per week. The only supplements I add for the seniors is Vetri Science Disc. Huggie Bear had back issues last year and Xandy Bear is a little stiff sometimes.