Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 AM
MTS
Banned

Pictures are so very helpful.
Although I sort of gasped when I first saw it until I realized the 2nd picture was flipped.
I got a chuckle out of that (especially with this pattern).

Funny thing, though, you were sewing them together the way I do, which is a bit different than Jenny's method.
Not that it matters for this.

You didn't mention exactly which pieces are not fitting so this is what I'm thinking (I hope I'm close).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]376120[/ATTACH]

Here's the deal.....I'm assuming that the 4 blocks in the middle - surrounded by the GREEN line - are OK, and go together.
Unless there was something wrong with the cutting of the templates, it looks fine....I even tracked the pattern on the dark fabric to make sure it didn't get turned around.
Again, looks fine.
If you're having the problem there, I would check each piece against the template to make sure it's cut correctly.

If you look at the RED circles, those would NOT go together easily as you have placed them because you're missing the side triangles.

If you go back to the Jenny's pattern, you'll see the bottom pic on pg3 has the outer blocks (which are only 3-patches) surrounding the middle blocks.
These get trimmed down later when squaring the finished piece.
These blocks don't need the 4th patch.

You didn't have 3 patch in all the right places, and started matching pairs with what you did have.

The diamonds with a BLUE 'x" through them are removed (or if you're careful, see next step), as they're not needed.

The PINK drawn in (poorly, I admit) diamonds mark where you need to ADD a diamond (light color fabric).
If you're careful with your placement, you can reposition some of the BLUE ones you chucked in the previous step.

Let me know....I'll be around until noon my time and then I have to run out for while. (it's 9:46 now).
Attached Thumbnails dottymo2-1.jpg