View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Honeynga

Thanks for your entry. I work in the After School Program at the local elementary school; several times a year they have "early release days" this is for the teachers to meet with parents one on one to cover each child's progress in the classroom. THEREFORE, it means that we After school folks have the children from about 12:30 pm until about 6 pm.......I have pre-K, kindergarten and 1st graders and have been thinking about doing something similar with my 1st grade girls (or boys if they are interested). I would take a couple of my machines to the school and work there; ONE of my concerns is that the children are too short to sit down and reach the sewing machine pedal......guess I could get them to stand up and sew. We have a lot of "baby dolls" that are in need of new blankets and I thought we might could make the babies new blankets. I used to be a Girl Scout Leader but we never sewed; I had 12 girls and no help so it wouldn't of been feasible anyway.

Again, thanks for sharing. You have given me new inspiration to follow through on this project for our next Early Release Days.