View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
bemoreonline

Default It arrived in pieces .......

I am sitting here looking at the sewing machine I ordered on ebay . Nomally never a problem ~ that's how I bought my featherweight. However , this seller sent it without any padding and said he thought the case would be strong enough.
It arrived 15 minutes ago ~ in pieces. The case is all broken out at the seams, the machine is also in pieces. I knew I was in trouble when I picked it up off the porch after the mail lady delivered it , and it rattled and jingled and knocked about inside the box. And, nothing to indicate which side was up , wait, there was a return address , still it had been set on its side in the box , then taped.

So, he would like me to send it back to him , it belonged to his mother. He feels terrible and I am heartbroken !

I would like to get more information about it ~ and am not finding much on the internet. So I need your help !!
It looks like a singer, black , small-ish , says 'Sew Rite Inc.' with 'Sewing Machines' under it on the top front.

A label on the right front ' 1951 Delux' and under the front are H76193 embossed in the metal. Tension knob is left side.

Any information would be helpful . I am considering keeping it , maybe having it fixed .......... I can maybe save it. Though it looks like someone played basketball with it ~ or Ace Ventura when he impersonated a delivery man.

Thanks for listening.