View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 AM
May in Jersey

Like most of you I do re-gift nice gifts that aren't my style or needed. One thing I do is attach a piece a paper to the gift telling me who gave it to me. Don't want to re-gift it to the orginal giver.

me-gifting works this way. DH used to buy me heavy unflattering clothes that were too small and/or heavy or jewelery that is very small (must remember my younger and slimmer days) so now I give him suggestions. I write what I'd like in big letters and put it with his mail, last year I got the exact scent I like. He always gets me a quiting gift card so this year I'll print in Big Letters the name of shop I like not the one that's miles and miles away and doesn't carry fabrics that I like.

To end re-gifting or returnig gifts I try to give gifts that family members like. Used to have everyone fill out a Wish List but grandkids are older now and gift cards are what they like so it will be a small personal gift with a gift card inside. We get quite a few gift cards ourselves, mostly to restaurants and we enjoy eating for 'free' for many times during the year.

Last edited by May in Jersey; 11-15-2012 at 06:15 AM.