Re-gifting and me-gifting.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:55 AM

Re-gifting has been around forever. I have no problem with re-gifting. I've done it myself. HOWEVER...please remove the original gift tags! When we were married (in 1975) we received a stand mixer from my aunt and uncle...they had gotten it for their wedding...19 years earlier. We got a beautiful plate...from my cousin, also from her wedding the year before! Recently I received another very nice gift...the receipt, with a note attached from the original giver, was still in the bottom of the box! Check for the "evidence" before you re-gift!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:12 PM

Just tonight, I regifted a bottle of wine that someone, not the recipient, had gifted to me. I don't drink much and almost never wine but the recipient loved it.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:56 PM

I just me-gifted myself with a new Kitchen Aid mixer -- bright red! My husband and I both shop for ourselves at Christmas time -- we know what we want so what the heck!!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
I just me-gifted myself with a new Kitchen Aid mixer -- bright red! My husband and I both shop for ourselves at Christmas time -- we know what we want so what the heck!!
I have one but am looking for a good deal so I can megift me a 2nd one. When I bake, I frequently need 2 mixers.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post

I bought one about 4 years ago and I love it! Mine is red too. Love the new colors they come in but but I still would have purchased red. No regrets.

i bought my KitchenAid Artison at Kohls around Christmas. It was at a good price and had a $50 rebate if memory serves. I may have been able to use Kohls cash toward it. Been too long to really recall but i was happy with my price. Love that mixer! It is my "cookie mixer" for the most part.

sandy