View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 PM
FroggyinTexas

One more time! I recently had a rather long e-mail exchange with a representative from KONA. She told me that if the bolt says KONA, it is the same quality wherever you buy it--JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, LQS. The company wants to know if someone is selling counterfeits, i.e., fabric that claims to be KONA and isn't. Check the end of the bolt for the manufacturer. As Peckish said, "Make sure it says Kaufman." The KONA rep also said she is constantly amazed at the quantity of bad information that circulates on the Internet about fabric. If you suspect a counterfeit, Google KONA and find the contact us button. KONA is fine fabric. froggyintexas

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Depends on where you buy them. I agree with you; some of the so-called Kona that Joann's sells I wouldn't buy either. But I suspect Amy uses Kaufman Kona, which is a much better product. There has actually been a lot of conversation about the Kona name lately, and Kaufman (the manufacturer) says they have a trademark on that name. I've seen bolts of solid cottons in Joann's with "Kona" on the bolt end, but nowhere will you find "Kaufman" on that same bolt, and it's not the same good quality.

If you still would like to use solids for your class, purchase the Kaufman Kona at your LQS and make sure it says "Kaufman" on the bolt. Or, you could use Moda Bella solids, which I personally prefer.

Last edited by FroggyinTexas; 11-15-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Correct mistake