Thread: Fmq?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Weezy Rider

I've looked at her site, and the Craftsy classes are tempting, but stuff will just have to wait until after Christmas. I'm working on those projects. Plus I have calendars to lay out and print. I'm at the point where I'm bored with Christmas already.

To be honest, I've gone to quilt shows, and looked at the quilts, but never noticed the quilting. It's the play between colors and design that I find far more interesting. I like looking at a lot of "mavericks" - unfortunately, some of these quilts are not judged to be up to standard - or what the guild thinks is standard.

I've looked at Pinterest and can't make heads nor tails out of that site. There was on pattern I liked, must have been posted 10 times, and finally found one post that said where to BUY said pattern. Most of the chatter was "I like this, will have to do this someday - this would look good in red" If I'm looking for a pattern, I want to know where to get it. Or where to read about it constructionwise and qualitywise. If I can't find the info fast enough, it does the designer out of money since I'll look for something else to make and buy.