View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:09 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Missus Fear View Post
I don't understand the reference to posting 14 times QuiltE. You can say it, haha, get that all the time. My last name is Fear. I met another QB member, we met at the park. We had a lot of fun. Not a big deal. I respect the other person's privacy. Just had seen that she had met with other QB members and thought it might be fun. Was just looking for perspective. Clearly you perceive me as a threat for only posting 14 times and my last name is Fear. Please check again. That is my blog entry count.
First of all, my apologies for noting 14 as your posts, not your blog count.
Although someone else did mention your "newness" to the QB could be a concern to some.
I did NOT say I saw you as a threat ... what I did say was that it would be one of the things that would make me slow down before I gave a resounding YES to a GTG.

I knew I should not have mentioned your screen name, and did put a cautionary comment there.
Perhaps you had shared that with this other person? Perhaps not?
And again, I did NOT say it would hold me back.
Rather that it may have been a red flag to this other person and/or others.

The thing to remember that when online, we really don't know WHO is at the other end.
Safety and precautions are ever so important in this modern-big-bad-modern-world of cyberspace.
We all hear stories all the time of meet-ups from the web that go wrong.
Just because someone is on the QB does not mean they are totally safe.

And as some have pointed out, not everyone is as outgoing and willing to GTG as you are.

In the end, don't fret over it ... move on and sure enough you'll find someone else who is interested in meeting you IRL!!!

Good Luck!

PS ... remember, I have met others from QB, so while I am cautious, I am not against doing so.