View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:56 AM
kydeb

Interesting topic! I can see it from both sides. I'm really an introvert although most people wouldn't believe me if I told them that! I retired as a Division Director, have held (and still do hold) offices on boards, and can handle teaching and speaking in front of large groups - even have been the keynote speaker at several events. However, THAT is not the real me! I can do those things because I force myself to do them. I really prefer solitude - quilting or reading particularly. I struggle with socially polite conversation and prefer my alone time. I "socialize" on here and enjoy it but online and in person are too entirely different animals. I would advise to offer but not to push if you want to meet outside of online. The reasons someone may not want to could be as varied as we are. I love that this board gives those that don't desire the in-person social interaction an outlet for conversation and friendship. Even an introvert values friendships and having someone there that will listen