View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 AM
donna13350

I bought this house in 1986...it is in a rural area, and our neighbors were elderly all around us..so nice quiet neighborhood...within just a few years all of my neighbors either moved, went into nursing homes, or passed away. The neighborhood changed radically..young families, small businesses, farms got chopped up for housing complexes..traffic increased, crime increased...you can never tell..the way a neighborhood is now may be radically different 10 years later!
Having said that, I"ve been happy here for almost 30 years, but the winters are getting harder every year. I have been thinking of moving...my plan would be to sell the house and everything in it except my personal things..then put them in storage and go to the state I have chosen and rent a room in someone's home to use as a home base until I got to know the area... and through several seasons before I buy again. I think a room would be fine for me..I could work on 1 quilt at a time (LOL)..to keep me busy, and I would have a roof over my head until I decided. Also..local people will often times tell you things a realtor won't..
Oddly enough..the thought of moving and selling doesn't cause me any second thoughts or anxiety..it is time. I am looking forward to the next step..I have faith that if I take my time and enjoy each step of the process, it will all go well, and I'll find a home that I can grow old in!