Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 PM
chairjogger

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
I made the quilt as a BOM. The first 3 blocks are the same size on the side seam. I sewed each of these blocks together as I finished them. As I made additional blocks, I placed them in the proper position on my design wall. When I completed block 7, I could sew the top of it to the bottom of block4. The bottom of block 5 was sewn to the top of block 8. I then sewed the Block 4 segment to the block 5 segment. After I finished block 9, it was sewn to block 6 and the segment joined to the blocks 4 and 5 segments. This completed the bottom part of the quilt which could then be sewn to the top (blocks 1-3). The blocks you sew together match so joining them is easy. You just can't join them in the order they are completed. I really like the borders. I almost left out the snowman head on the top border. Fortunately, I noticed it in time to include it. Best wishes on your quilt! I so enjoyed making mine. Of course, I haven't quilted it yet.
Thank you for your explanation. I am a bit challenged with dimensions. The block nine went in perfectly! All corners matching corners...just 1 1/2 too short ! I threw in a differant fabric strip at the bottom and called it good to go! Ha ha..i have enjoyed this style of applique for years. Dolly days by brandy wine designs was the most fun. That is where i picked up ideas adding jackets and vest. This is fun! So glad to hear from a quilter that got the top done!