Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else working on Merry Merry Snowmen by Bunny Hill? >

Anyone else working on Merry Merry Snowmen by Bunny Hill?

Anyone else working on Merry Merry Snowmen by Bunny Hill?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 PM

I am working on my last block. I hope I get it done in time to hang up for Christmas. I bought it as a BOM, it seems to keep me motivated. I just finished an older Bunnyhill Christmas quilt to send to my daughter, in time for Christmas!!!! I did The Night Before Christmas last year. can you tell I like Bunnyhill Quilts?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:41 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Dear franc38 did you post any photos? So glad to hear someone finished the top! Hah ! My 4 year old grandson was so dissappointed when I told him it was not for him...guess quilt top #2 around corner! Will make that one smaller!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraA View Post
I am working on my last block. I hope I get it done in time to hang up for Christmas. I bought it as a BOM, it seems to keep me motivated. I just finished an older Bunnyhill Christmas quilt to send to my daughter, in time for Christmas!!!! I did The Night Before Christmas last year. can you tell I like Bunnyhill Quilts?
awesome! Thanks for the post! I need my own motivation! Please let me know if you have posted a photo of the quilt. This is my first exposure to Bunny Hill. Love it!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish View Post
I have the pattern for this and have gathered enough material (I hope) not the exact same line but most of it is French General. I just need the nerve to start on it.....it's a bit ambitious for this newbie!
My challenge was the irregular shaped blocks coming together. Not so much the applique! Working it out and hav fun.just need motivation for Christmas present finish!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM

I made the quilt as a BOM. The first 3 blocks are the same size on the side seam. I sewed each of these blocks together as I finished them. As I made additional blocks, I placed them in the proper position on my design wall. When I completed block 7, I could sew the top of it to the bottom of block4. The bottom of block 5 was sewn to the top of block 8. I then sewed the Block 4 segment to the block 5 segment. After I finished block 9, it was sewn to block 6 and the segment joined to the blocks 4 and 5 segments. This completed the bottom part of the quilt which could then be sewn to the top (blocks 1-3). The blocks you sew together match so joining them is easy. You just can't join them in the order they are completed. I really like the borders. I almost left out the snowman head on the top border. Fortunately, I noticed it in time to include it. Best wishes on your quilt! I so enjoyed making mine. Of course, I haven't quilted it yet.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:57 PM

Hi Guys,

This is a lovely pattern and if any of you want to sell it when you have finished..... I would be very interested!!!!

hugs

Caroline
Old 11-16-2012, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish View Post
I have the pattern for this and have gathered enough material (I hope) not the exact same line but most of it is French General. I just need the nerve to start on it.....it's a bit ambitious for this newbie!
You can do it! I have only been quilting for 2 1/2 years and this was my first attempt at hand appliqué when I joined the BOM to make the quilt, I knew so little that I thought it was machine appliqué. Was I surprised when the first block arrived and I saw it was hand appliqué! Now I have learned a new skill which I really enjoy. Get started. You'll love your quilt when it is completed.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 PM

i am making 2 of them...one in the original fabrics and a second in different fabrics for a friend....i have 6 blocks per quilt completed and working on number 7...needle turn applique and hand embroidery
Old 11-16-2012, 05:54 PM

Just adorable. I love snowmen.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
I made the quilt as a BOM. The first 3 blocks are the same size on the side seam. I sewed each of these blocks together as I finished them. As I made additional blocks, I placed them in the proper position on my design wall. When I completed block 7, I could sew the top of it to the bottom of block4. The bottom of block 5 was sewn to the top of block 8. I then sewed the Block 4 segment to the block 5 segment. After I finished block 9, it was sewn to block 6 and the segment joined to the blocks 4 and 5 segments. This completed the bottom part of the quilt which could then be sewn to the top (blocks 1-3). The blocks you sew together match so joining them is easy. You just can't join them in the order they are completed. I really like the borders. I almost left out the snowman head on the top border. Fortunately, I noticed it in time to include it. Best wishes on your quilt! I so enjoyed making mine. Of course, I haven't quilted it yet.
Thank you for your explanation. I am a bit challenged with dimensions. The block nine went in perfectly! All corners matching corners...just 1 1/2 too short ! I threw in a differant fabric strip at the bottom and called it good to go! Ha ha..i have enjoyed this style of applique for years. Dolly days by brandy wine designs was the most fun. That is where i picked up ideas adding jackets and vest. This is fun! So glad to hear from a quilter that got the top done!