View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:32 PM
downtheshore

Unhappy Lost my Pfaff 1473 to Hurricane Sandy

Love that machine, used it to sew everything, and of the things I lost in the flood of my first floor, that tops the list. Any stove will cook, any frig will cool, but my sewing machine??? I had just completed a Sunbrella replacement top for a 10X10 outdoor gazebo on my upstairs deck that held up so well in the storm that the structure it was tied to went before the top did!

That being said, I will need to replace it and need advice. Because I'm going to continue to sew canvas and sunbrella as well as quilts, I will need a machine that's as sturdy as the 1473, and will still offer the assortment of stiches that it did.

I've had it so long, just replaced the motherboard, thinking that I would have it forever, so....do I go to ebay and buy the same, is there another out there that will do what I need???? I have not kept up with the technology, again, thinking that this was my last machine.

It's not covered by flood insurance, I don't think, so I don't think I can go crazy on price, but I'd like to hear whatever suggestions anyone can come up with.

Thanks in advance.