View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:22 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I hop around from project to project like a kitten chasing a field mouse in tall grass. I love having loads of different stuff to work on. I currently have one of my own quilts on the LA rack that is a Christmas present for my mom, a commissioned T shirt quilt that I have finished the top and need to piece the back, a batik block swap top that I just finished last night, another top that is a sort of NY Beauty that all the blocks are finished and the sashing is cut, I just need to sew them together and do the applique parts, A buckeye beauty that I intended to be a Christmas gift (not sure if I am gonna make it) that all the blocks are done, just need to sew them together, a log cabin scrap quilt that has pretty much been a WIP, since I completed my very first quilt and got scraps to cut into logs and several hundred HST's that were mostly leaders and enders that have been trimmed to size for another scrap quilt. And these are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. My sewing room is a veritable cornucopia of WIPS, UFOs, and PIGS (Project in Grocery Sack).

Then it spills over into my LA studio. I have several customer quilts in que to LA and a whole drawer full of intended projects with fabrics and patterns set aside but I haven't even started to cut into yet. My brain is almost always considering the next several projects down the road. I can't wait until I can retire so I can really get some quilting done! LOL

So NO you are not alone. Sometimes I start a new project because I got bored with the other one. But I do always go back and visit my UFOs. The Batik block swap top I just finished has been simmering in the background for almost two years. I would pull it out and work on it here and there. Same with my scrappy LC. Nothing ever languishes forever unfinished but some do take longer than others. The LC when it is finally done will have been a WIP/UFO for over 20 years!