View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:40 AM
LoisM

Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
Do not make the mistake I made
Pre-wound bobbins from Superior Threads on metal are for appliquers; they do not fit Janomes
SuperBobs on cardboard are for machines - they last til the thread is used up, no problems.
I buy Bottom Line SuperBobs for my Jem Platinum and Jem Gold. BL is a 60 wt poly thread that lasts forever. I pieced a twin top with one bobbin. I am DEVOTED to them.
Be mindful of what others have already told you - L size is what you want for sewing machines; Ms are for Longarms.
I use Aurifil 50 wt cotton on top with the 60 wt bobbin; have for years, never a problem.

Bob has a page on his site that tells you which machines will take his pre-wounds.
http://www.superiorthreads.com
Thanks for the link, golly. In short, it says:

Superior Threads has many machine quilting threads consisting of four fibers: Cotton, Metallic, Polyester, and Silk. Each line offers unique quilting traits with a library collection of color palettes from which to choose from.
A #40 thread is the industry standard medium weight for quilting thread. A #30 thread is thicker/heavier than a #40. The smaller the number, the heavier the thread becomes.

Cotton
  • King Tut is a #40/3-ply Egyptian-grown extra-long staple cotton thread. King Tut really is nature's finest thread. A beautiful matte finish for any quilt project. Available in 133 variegated and solid colors.
  • MasterPiece is a #50 Egyptian-grown extra-long staple cotton thread. Available in 75 colors. Ideal for piecing and detail quilting.