Old 11-25-2012, 01:31 PM
TanyaL

Originally Posted by SewOK View Post
Speaking of security -- My dh and I are very judicious about shredding, etc. We even belong to Lifelock. However, I shopped at a local Walmart on Tuesday afternoon and on Saturday, one of our credit card companies called to inquire if we had shopped in Farmers, Ohio on Friday. So, my advice is not to use a credit card at Walmart. Apparently their data bases are not very secure or they have people who are passing credit card numbers around.
That's probably not true. You can buy a device on the internet that let's you read the credit card information off of a card that a person uses when they pay for something if you are standing next to them. If you get a device that is a bit stronger you can read the information off of all their cards when they are still in their wallets or purses while you are standing next to them.For a bigger investment you can buy a device that will read all the cards in a typical Starbucks cafe. You have to have a shielded wallet to keep your cards from being read. Just having your card on your person makes it liable to be stolen if a thief is close to you with the correct technology in their pocket! Scary isn't it? There has been an expose on TV about this technology.