View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:46 PM
wordpaintervs

Thanks to each and every one of you who took time to write me and talk to me about the dolls and the children. It does keep me encouraged and I really apprecite all you said. Tonight I finished a dress in something I call 'Lame' material (don't really know what it is...but I liked it.) It is thin and very sparkly looking. I thought it looked almost like a fairy princess would wear or Cinderella to a 'ball' .... so I turned it into something special for the upcoming Christmas season. It is silver colored. I put 3 bands of blue ribbon around the bottom, then tiny little roses were sewn in place (about twenty I think) with a thin light green ribbon to look sort of like a 'leaf'. I sewed a blue ribbon across the top of the bodice and trimmed the mop cap with green ribbon. Around the waist is a blue and white and green ribbon combination. Tomorrow when I get back from my Endoscopy and settled in, I will make the nightgown for the second part of the doll, the finish the stuffing, sew the mop caps on and make the two faces. This will be doll number 132. I'll try to get a picture sent out of it for those that want to look.

Vickey