View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 10:40 AM
cowpie2

Default Whoot Whoot - a new quilting buddy

I'm just thrilled to pieces and had to share. Last night my 20 something nephew texted to see if he could stop by for a visit. He's dealing with a lot of issues related to PTSD so I'll admit I was concerned about what was headed my way, but I said sure stop by. I've been trying to connect with him because I think he needs more personal acceptance and support than he is getting.

Imagine my surprise when, after some small talk and chit chat I found out the real reason for his visit. He is in the process of cutting up all of his t-shirts to make a quilt. He bought a sewing machine and thread, etc. Now he wants me to help him learn to thread the machine and teach him how to sew all the pieces together. He figured quilting would be a good hobby. He said he wouldn't make anything as wonderful as I do, but he was going to try. I told him my quilts aren't perfect either and it's the love that goes into them that counts to the people that are important. We have our first session scheduled for Sunday afternoon. This is going to be so much fun!