Old 11-28-2012, 06:01 AM
homebody323

I recently had a dear friend who makes clothes bring me tubs and tubs of fabrics. None were quilt worthy. I took the wide stuff, 60" some of it fairly heavy (I'm not sure what she had that for), put it on the machine for the back. Then I cut 60" lengths of the other stuff. Loaded that thick poly batting I didn't know what I was going to do with it, layed one piece of the 45x60" stuff on top, and started basting the sides and meandering. When I finished that one, I just added another piece. Oh yes, I did a double line abou t 1/2" apart from the take up roller towards me at the mid point. I used that as a cutting point. Anyway I quilted till I ran out of backing. Cut them apart, trimmed and did a self mitered edge to make them look good and took them to the animal shelter. Those poor dogs sleep on the cement and my bones just ache thinking about it. Used up some of my ugly thread, had to actually go buy some more of that thick poly and after about a week delivered 37 of them. Boy dd I feel good.