View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:55 AM
canuckninepatch

I agree with you, Ghostrider. I would be very cautious about hanging a finished quilt by clips. If you use a longer stitch when sewing on the sleeves, they can be taken off quite easily by Jack (the ripper :-) And the sleeves can be reused. My sister bought one of those new hanging systems with magnets (it wasn't cheap!) and the quilt kept ending up on the floor. I say "go old school!

QUOTE=ghostrider;5681460]If it were me, I'd add a sleeve and hang the quilt from a rod mounted above the design wall. But if you don't want a sleeve on the quilt, use a full bar clamp in order to evenly distribute the weight of the quilt so it doesn't stretch.

I have seen quilts totally ruined because they were hung from separate clamps, clips, rings, etc along the top edge. They can easily wind up with 'scalloped' tops from the stress of uneven pull from hanging...the larger the quilt, the faster it happens. Think about how fast clothes get stretched out on hangers and multiply that by the weight of a bed sized quilt. [/QUOTE]